Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Live365.com



Mark Immler
Bailey Klatt
James Leach
Kimberly Kahanek




2. Live365.com is an Internet radio service that has radio stations broken down by genres. It provides radio station choices for each particular genre. These stations are briefly described with sample artists that are commonly played on it. Once you're logged in, you'll be able to save your favorite stations in your presets, customize your station directory listings, receive weekly updates, and participate in the Live365.com community.



3.Live365.com offers a wide variety of stations for its listeners to enjoy. In fact, Live365.com offers over 260 genres in 150 nations. If one becomes a free member, they can rate songs they listen to in a given station. In turn Live 365.com remembers its users preferences and changes what it plays in order to meet its specific user needs.

4.This site offers a "VIP service that includes unlimited, commercial free access to the worlds largest radio network". The VIP service is offered in a monthly or yearly subscription. If you are not a VIP member, you can still listen to the broadcasted radio stations with commercial interference between songs. You can also purchase songs directly through the site if you sign up for the free service.



5.Live365.com offers a wide range of genres including Freeform, Scanner, Community, and Trippy. etc. These genres listed above are examples of a musical categories that our group has never heard of before. This website does not offer celebrity playlists or stations based on particular artists.



6. The most unique thing about this site is that it provides its users with an extensive amount of genres to choose from. Users from all over the world have the opportunity to enjoy listening to free Internet radio as long as they can put up with a few ads and banners occasionally. Our group felt that one disadvantage of Live365.com was that the site loaded radio stations extremely slow. Our group has faith that these loading speeds would increase with VIP access to the site.

3 comments:

lrodrigue said...

First off, I think this group did an excellent job on their post. They thoroughly explained the site and it's features and took the time to make their images hyperlinks. I found Live365.com to be a great site with a surprising amount of genres and songs to choose from. They ability to listen to the stations for free along with the capacity to upgrade to a subscription based, VIP, commercial free version is a plus in my book. One thing that made me question the diversity of the site was I tried searching for older rappers (2 Live Crew, Easy E, etc.) and the only ones with results were Slick Rick and The Geto Boys. Maybe the site shouldn't claim it's "the music you want to hear" if they can't produce the artists users search for.

moonhawk said...

I too think you did a great job. I rarely listen to a regular radio. Live365 is my favorite because there are so many choices. I pick something classical when I'm studying for a test. I normally listen to tejano and cumbia. I choose a tejano station when I need to drown out distractions when I'm studying on campus. Once again, great job!

moonhawk said...

Oh, By the way, I like this site too because its free. I wouldn't mind the VIP subscription but can't afford it right now. Also I like this site because its not a social network. I have many friends and family members who are in bands or are music artists. I'm in a live music social network. I listen online just for me, relaxation and to rid myself of outside distractions.