Wednesday, October 1, 2008

PANDORA MUSIC

http://www.imazine.fr/blims/pandora2.gif


1) CLAUDIA FLORES, LAUREN GRAHAM, COURTNEY HALL

2) In order to access the site, you must create an account including
a password and user name. Signing up doesn't cost you a penny. To choose and listen to music you use a search option where you type in any artist or song of your choice. A drop down menu is featured to provide a series of similarly named options if unsure of the particular artist or song.


3) This site allows you to create your own station with absolute control. You can also skip certain songs that you don't quite agree with by a simply clicking on the thumbs down button and it will never play that song on your station ever again. If you like the song you can click on the thumbs up option and it will save and feature that song later on. The downside about this particular site is that you are only allowed to skip six songs per hour. Another default that this website has is that you aren't able to go back on a certain song that has just been played. You must save the song in order to listen to it again. To save songs, you go under the songs menu option and bookmark it; saving it to your profile where it list the song name, artist and the date it was saved. Pandora.com is also interactive because people can leave comments to another users created station.

4) Yes, this site makes money through advertising its music as well as other related products. They actually have a link to ADVERTISMENT FEATURES which include: Alltel Wireless, ADIDAS, and Verizon Wireless. Although there is no advertising in between songs, users have the option to buy songs from either Itunes or Amazon.com


5) They do offer multiple stations and different genres not related to just one artist but it will feature related music, for example: Say you would like to listen to Snoop Doggy Dogg. It will not only play a variety of his songs but also songs from similar artist such as Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, sharing the same genre. Some unique genres discovered were: Channel your optimism radio, Mom's who rock, Passion fruit funk radio, Brew house radio, and Grab your Flip Flops radio.

6) What makes Pandora.com particularly unique is its flexibility in choosing and having total control of what you want to listen to, when you want to listen to it. You can also share your station with other Pandora users. Overall, the best feature is that you can use it as stereo party station by simply plugging it from your laptop directly to your stereo to give you a better sound quality from your own speakers. It also gives you a variety of selection for your audience.









18 comments:

mckenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
james said...

I find Pandora quite useful as well. I like it because you can have access to a personalized radio station wherever you go with an internet connection. Since the stations can be customized with the thumbs up and down song rating system, I can go to school and study on a campus computer and listen to my music without having to plan it out. I also like that its free and the site is very fast with new stations loading with minimal lag time. Overall I think this site is very interesting and useful.

avery said...

I would say that Pandora is one of the most compatible and unique streaming radio websites out there. I like how the site will choose different songs/artists based off of previous songs listened too. I think the best part of the site is their introduction to new artists.

Courtney said...

I love the clean, professional layout. I was expecting it to look completely different, mostly because of its immense popularity. I envisioned lots of color and crazy graphics everywhere, but the simplicity of its appearance works very well and helps it to draw listeners of every age group. For example, some other sites may discourage older listeners because they appear to "young" for them. Pandora has a great balance. The best feature is definitely the degree of interactivity. You can't find a higher level of listener participation than this. Pandora also contributes to the expansion of your personal station by introducing artists with similar sounds to the ones you type in the search bar. A very unique feature is that the site describes the songs you listen to so that, in essence, you can "read" what it sounds like. Pandora strikes me as kind of like having an ipod online. The only thing I don't like about Pandora is that you are limited in the number of songs you can skip.

A.J. Scherer said...

Pandora is the best streaming radio website online today. I love how it adapts itself to you and only plays what you like.

mckenzie said...

I love this site. It’s amazing. I use it practically everyday. It’s very practical in the fact that you can pick and choose which songs you like and dislike. It’ also very nice that there is absolutely no advertising in between songs. You guys did a great job on displaying this and describing it. It couldn’t have been done any better in my opinion. The variety of things you can do such as playlists and plugging it into your speakers is fantastic. I enjoyed the detail you used when showing us the songs link on how to pick and choose songs and radio stations.

Robert S. Uribe II said...

I really like Pandora because it is user friendly and has so much that you can do to make it your own. With all the diffrent music that i listen to it is hard to keep track what i listend to 100 songs ago but Pandora really helps me stay on top of my music....

Bobby said...

Nice job on the blog. I think that Pandora is easy to use and I like the way it showcases songs that I've never heard before. Unlike normal radio...if you don't like the song or are ready to move on...you can skip it. There is also a wide variety of music (jazz, rock, blues, etc.) available on the site which is always a good thing.

Natalie C. said...

Pandora Radio is an awesome internet radio site. I love the fact that it is as easy as typig in the name of the artist, song or composer and it will create a playist of songs for you. The blog was also organized really well. This group did a great job!

christina linehan said...

I chose to comment on the Pandora post because I was really interested in how his site worked since I have heard so much about it but never really used it. I found a few things pretty interesting. One was the fact that you can only skip six songs an hour. I actually think that is pretty cool. It forces the listeners to listen to different artists and I actually think that is really great. This kind of works to the advantage of the artists since we are listening to their music for free and it’s kind of cool that the makers of Pandora thought of that. I kind of jus thought that it was odd that you could not listen to the same song over again. I thought that the genres on Pandora where pretty cool. I posted on Last.fm and although the site was pretty cool the genes where pretty much the same old ones. Pandora but a spark into the names of their genres, and I liked that. Overall I though this whole blog was pretty cool, I learned a lot of new stuff that I can use all the time and share with people. It was really useful.

scrowe1 said...

Awesome! I've never used Pandora before but I will now! It's easy to navigate through and very professional in the layout. I know what song is playing and if I don't like it I can cut it out from my list. Great site. I guess now if I wanted to listen to Christmas music by oldies artist non-stop, I can!

Shelz1209 said...

I really like this site because i like how you have the option of rating songs with a thumbs up or thumbs down so that if you never want to hear a song again, you really dont have to. I also like the wide variety of songs and genres it has and how you can create a playlist and share it with other Pandora listeners.

James Briones said...

I for one am big user of Pandora. It sometimes wanders off from the artist I chose but that is mostly the same problem with most other players. Before Pandora I used to use yahoo but found that Pandora does'nt have commercials and easy rating system of songs.

Matt said...

I've never used Pandora before until I checked it out. This site is really awesome.

luke said...

I too find Pandora to be my favorite music provider. I love the layout of Pandora, how bands that I have never even heard of show up when I search a band I know. It keeps me in the know when it comes to band trivia. I think that the most useful tool offered by Pandora is the option of preference. If I like a song, I can choose to continue to hear it. If I don't like the song than I never have to hear it again simply by the click of a button. I love it.

Leah Cicardo said...

I just recently discovered pandora from my boss telling me about the site. When I went to it I kind of got the idea of how things work and I was really intrigued. This blog really helped me understand more clearly just how everything works. SO Easy and so great. I love pandora. I am a devoted user now and I am on it all the time

barnold said...

Pandora is a unique little website. The one thing i dont like about it is that im not a big music fan so if i dont no who sings a song i dont have the genra chart to help my memory.

KathyB said...

My history professor told me about Pandora and it's the only site I've ever used before this. I love it because it's accurate, and they don't just play released singles, but stuff you may have never heard before. It's almost more than just choosing music by genre but by artist or even song, and you can let them know what you don't and do like. My only real complaint is that you can only skip about 7 songs within an hour, and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to listen to a certain song.