Monday, November 3, 2008

Blog # 4 -- Television

Leah Cicardo
Monday November 3, 2008


Mondays are like any viewing day for me. I like to watch morning news shows if I am up in time, and I like to watch Monday night football. I do not have regular shows that I like to watch on Mondays. The only shows I like to keep up with are on Sundays and are only aired on Showtime and HBO.

I wish I could have watched this special I saw on the TV guide that was a documentary on cults and their effects on the people surrounding them and within them. It was hosted by E! so I am sure I will be able to see it when they air it again. I am not sure why I didn't record it; but I think I noticed it when it was time for me to get ready for school.

I watched a few clips of "Flight of the Concords" on line at my friend's house. If you have ever seen this show you would know that the show has some what of a plot and story telling songs in between dialogues. Well my friend had never seen any of these so we watched a few clips like, "You are the prettiest girl in the room" and "Business Time". Watching clips online has really become Ideal for quick gratification without having to stream through commercials and other monotonous issues you deal with when watching television. Sometimes I like to watch SNL clips on Hulu.com because all you have to do is watch on short advertisement (usually less than 20 seconds) before you get to view the whole show.

I always pictured myself as one that does not watch TV often. Only because I am so busy in between work and school. Mondays are a day where I have a bit more time to get some shows in because I don't have to work on Mondays; which is why I probably chose this day to record my TV viewings. I didn't skip around channels a lot because I was doing homework while watching these shows, so when a commercial came on instead of changing the channel (like I normally do) I just worked on homework when a commercial came on. I found that I watch more TV when I am up early because I love catching the morning news shows like Good morning America and LIVE. I feel like these shows cover some important topics, but also cover the news going on in different communities and they share about topics which improve quality of life. One of the things that Good Morning America presented on their news was a group of students from Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta performed a rap called "YOU CAN VOTE HOWEVER YOU LIKE" to the tune of TI's song, "Whatever you like".

"Obama on the left / McCain on the right / we can talk politics all night / and you can vote however you like"

No comments: