Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TV viewing BLOG

Blayne Center
November 3, 2008

This was a pretty typical day of viewing TV for me. I usually watch it when i'm at home, which is not very much. If anything I watch it a little bit morethan recorded on the Nielsen Journal. It's always on when i'm not doing anything important such as homework. I watched a bunch of the shows I regularly watch, "Spongebob", "The Hills" and "Family Guy". These are by far my favorite three shows, kind of sad I know. I watched "Paris Hilton's: My new BFF" for the first time yesterday and wow, it was way different than I expected. I turned it to that channel (MTV) becasue there wasn't anything else on at the time that I really felt like watching. As I was skimming through channels I saw that show and thought it would be cool to check out. WRONG. I didn't miss any shows that I wanted to see. I did record "Dancing with the Stars" because I went to dinner and didn't want to miss it. Even though I did go out to dinner, I would have recorded it anyways because I always do in case I miss a dance or want to rewatch something I really liked. I'm a huge fan of DVR.

On this particular day I didn't watch TV on any other TV, but I usually do because I work in a bar and there are 10 TV's with something different on each one. They're usually sports related. The restaurant we went to didn't have TV's where I sat. When I got home I watched the movie "Grandma's Boy" on DVD for a little bit with one of my friends, but all of the other shows I watched were by myself.

I didn't really mind writing down how much TV I watch. I did notice that I change channels a lot during commercial breaks. I don't really like to have down time (commercials) when I'm watching a show so i'll usually turn it to a different channel for one or two minutes until the other show comes back on. I wasn't really surprised by my results. I knew I watched about the amount that I recorded. I think this way of keeping track of what people watch is reliable because people write down everything they watched, who watched it, how long they watched it and how many people watched it. One of the only flaws would have to be the time increments because some people change the channel more often than others so it would be nice to have that option.

No comments: