Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TV

Claudia Huerta--November 3

This day was not very typical in terms of my weekly viewing habits. I watched significantly more TV than I usually watch on a typical day. I actually sat down during the middle of the day to watch TV, which I NEVER do. I just had a little extra down time that day, and chose to watch a show on VH1 with my roommates. I'm a regular viewer of The Hills, so I made it a point to watch that during the late evening. Later on in the night, I got started on homework, and I needed to watch the Presidential Debate for the assignment. I had one debate on DVR and I watched it for about an hour and a half.

I didn't actually watch TV anywhere else during that day. However, as I was hanging around my apartment during the day the TV was constantly on in the living room. At one point, my roommate was watching Jon and Kate plus 8 while I was in my own bedroom. I could hear and see the TV from my room, but I wasn't neccesarily watching the TV show. So considering that it was on my own TV but I wasn't actually watching it, I chose not to log it.

I found the process of having to write down my TV viewing quite interesting! I don't watch a lot of TV during the week, so I found this to be somewhat of a task. On this day, I watched more TV than usual, but for nearly 2 hours it was school related. I also found that my time of watching TV was short. I often found myself leaving the TV to do other things. I had to remind myself that I had to continue to watch or log it. I think that this may be reliable for keeping track of what people actually watch on TV, so long as it's only for a day at a time. I think that people will lose focus if it is longer than a day.

No comments: