Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Youtube MGM - Matthew Scherer, Robert Stephens, Robert Uribe

1. We found an episode on Hulu of the show "Fringe" that airs on Fox. It is presented in clear widescreen with sharp picture. There are links to clips of interviews with the cast and crew and to other episodes and clips of the same show. There is a detailed list of episodes and clips of the show. All in all this site really gives the viewer a good movie Experience!!



There are limited commercials embedded in the video. The episode is about the usual sci-fi themes presented in the show. By the limited amount of commercials it is really an advantage to the viewer to watch there shows on hulu.

2.The clip was posted by a random fan as opposed to the actual network who does have a youtube channel. It is presented in the usual youtube video style, with not so great of quality, as opposed to hulu's wide screen clarity. There are some Advertisements on the sides of the video but not really any commercials in the video.

3. Hulu can show lengthier clips and shows and even movies. The quality of hulu is far superior to that of youtube. However, if it's just a clip or segment of a film that you want it's easier to just look it up on youtube. We think that youtube becoming like hulu would really give the site more structure and give youtube a really good makeover.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I watched the entire fringe episode and I really liked watching it from Hulu.com because the video is such high quality. The image is more clear and nicer looking than my own flat screen TV at home. The fifteen second commercials in between didn't bother me because I was able to take a break or step away from the computer when necessary. I enjoyed watching the episode because it was on the internet and I don't have to worry about longer, three minute commercials which make me more distracted and has me flipping channels in between. I believe that watching TV shows on Hulu.com is a better choice because it enables me to watch something whenever I want and not have to wait for it to air on TV.