Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Television Journal

Bailey Klatt
Monday, November 3, 2008

1. Television is one of my favorite pasttimes. It's a way for me to relax and take a break from class, homework and stress in general. I usually have a very hectic schedule so I am not able to watch as much tv as I would like. My viewing habits were very typical for a Monday and I watched the shows I normally would fit into my daily schedule. Such as, Without a Trace, Charmed, and The Hills. If I wouldn't have class I would watch Law & Order aswell.

2. I don't ever watch TV online unless I miss Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice on Wednesday and Thursday's at ABC.com. My sister and two best friends also watched The Hills with me at my apartment. This is a usual "get to gather" that happens every week. Whether I am at a friends house or my own apartment, it is almost always guaranteed that I will watch the same shows on a regualar basis.

3. I thought the process of logging my TV viewing was very neat and eye opening. I never realized how scheduled my TV watching is week to week. I also realized that I stay watching certain channels for long periods of time. I hardly ever change the channel and I have found that I am not a "channel surfer." While looking at the Nielsen journal I became aware that I watch less TV than I thought I did. Looking at all the time slots provided, I filled in a select few compared to what is offered on the table of showtimes. I feel that if a viewer is as scheduled and set on certain channels as I am then the journal is very realiable and really shows the amount of television I watch and the shows I am hooked on. It's when people constantly channel surf and are very undecisive that it throws off the accuracy of the journal.

No comments: