Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Family Guy

Alyssa Cevallos
James Briones
Jack Carlson


Hulu is a lot more proffesional and not as cluttered as Youtube. You have many tools available like embedding, full screen, hi-res, and dimming the lights. There don't seem to be user comments per episode, but there are comments on the whole series and reviews for each clip. There are also several related links under each clip.




Obviously we could not find a full video of the episode on Youtube, and the one we found was poor quality (really really poor). It was posted by some random fan. There are tools to embed, link, and comments, but nothing really unique.

Hulu is better in general; it has better quality and it's more streamlined. It only has shows from TV though, whereas Youtube allows user created stuff (some of which is good) to be posted, but it's hard to find actual episodes of shows or movies. So youtube becoming more like hulu could be a good thing is they keep user content on it but also have quality TV shows and movies to see.

1 comment:

lrodrigue said...

I never watch TV online and I'm in love with my DVR and record everything I normally watch. However, if I missed an episode of one of my favorite shows and couldn't tape it I would consider watching it on Hulu. I think the quality of the "Family Guy" episode is amazing and although the commercials are annoying there aren't as many as you would see on the TV. I didn't know much about Hulu before this assignment but I did know stations are now posting full episodes on there sites so I would probably just go directly to the stations website knowing I wouldn't have to search for a show. Yes, I know I'm lazy. Our group was interested in "Fringe" being available on Hulu and how if you had missed it you could catch up and start watching the show during it's normal broadcast. Unfortunately, it seems that's only possible to do with shows that premiered this season unless you want to pay for older episodes.