Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Natalie Couling 11/3

Let me start off by saying I LOVE MY DVR! Thursday is usually the day i watch the most T.V. because I'm done with classes early and two of my favorite shows are on that day. I watch those and then i also get to catch up on what I've recorded earlier in the week. Last Thursday was a busy day for me and Monday I was home sick so my typical Thursday got switched to Monday. I was able to catch up on shows that I recorded from the week before and also watched the shows I like to watch on Mondays. I usually record 3-4 shows a day. The View and Oprah are everyday shows that I record plus a couple in the evening throughout the week, so even when there is nothing on T.V. I always have something to watch that I'm interested in.

I was home all day on Monday as per my doctor's orders so the only T.V. I watched was my own. I don't watch shows on the Internet unless i forget to set my DVR so I have watched some on ABC.com and CBS.com before. My boyfriend was home with me after 6, but as far as watching T.V. with me, he wasn't paying attention to it, he was on the Internet, his choice for entertainment.

Having to write down what I watched throughout the day wasn't so bad because I wasn't doing much of anything else and it was easy. On a typical day, if it's not recorded the chances of me sitting through an hour show without pressing pause or changing the channel at least twice are slim to none because I hate commercials. The only time i get to watch T.V. is in the evenings so I'm hardly ever caught up on what I've recorded. I watched more T.V. on Monday then I usually do because I was stuck at home. Normally I watch 3 hours of T.V. a day compared to the 8 or so I was able to watch. Since this was an easy task to do I don't think people would find it difficult or time consuming to write down what they watch unless they have a busy home environment.

No comments: