Monday, November 3, 2008

Lindsey Abel TV Blog

I logged my viewing time on 10/31/08

This day, Halloween, was a little off because of the holiday.  However, I decided to log Friday because it's the day when I watch most TV.  Most days I will watch a show or two in the evening and no TV during the day.  I don't have school Friday so I get a slower start in the morning allowing me to watch some mindless TV before I start work.  

On Fridays I neither record shows to watch nor do I watch recorded shows.  On these days, especially in the late morning and afternoon, there are a lot of reruns on channels like E! that I like to watch.  Girls next door, Dr. 90210, Top 20 Celebrity Scandals, just to name a few.   These are the types of educational and fascinating TV shows I choose to watch when I can.  And let's not forget Animal Cops, on the Animal Planet.  That show is always mindless and wonderful.  This particular day I was handing out Halloween candy to children, so I sat down and watch an HBO movie for the few hours I was home doing that, before I left for work again.  

I did not watch anymore TV that day and my computer 0r at a restaurant.  I did however, log onto perezhilton.com and see some funny youtube clips.  But no other TV.  I was alone during all of my viewing for this day.  

Having to write down my TV viewing was not too much of a hassle.  I CAN'T STAND commercials so I generally mute them so I don't have to hear about all the crap being sold on TV.  Also, all the local election campaign commercials are kind of ridiculous.  So I try to ignore those too.  I generally work on my computer when I'm watching TV, so it was harder to pay attention to the 15 minute increments.  But most of the time I watch shows from beginning to end.  Like I said before, Fridays are the days I watch the most TV.  I generally know that I don't get to view too much TV during the week, so I was not surprised.  

I don't think they reliability of these journals are very accurate.  I mean, how many people want to take time out of their lives to fill these types of things out.  And if there was an incentive, such as money, wouldn't people just fill them out with mostly false information to get it out of the way?   That's what I would think.  I'm not sure of a a more accurate way to keep track of how much and what TV people are watching.  I don't think the public really cares to know this information so it's probably hard to find honest and willing people to be able to trust to fill these journals out correctly.  

No comments: