Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog # 4 -- Televisionn

Rachel Cicardo
Date TV viewing was logged- 11/3

I chose a Monday to log my viewing because i do not have to work on Mondays and I have 3 hours in between classes. During those 3 hours i occasionally come back home to relax and turn on the television and then i do the same after my second class which ends at 9:30 p.m. So this day was very typical in terms of my viewing habits. I normally stay up a little bit later watching late night TV ,but I was especially tired that day so I watched a little bit less. Most of the shows that i viewed that day are shows that i would usually watch. They seem to always be on whenever i am home. Plus, they are all old shows that are played pretty often. New shows are usually only played once a week at a specific time and day. They only show that I logged that i normally do not watch is RENO 911. I love that show but it is normally not on when I am at home.

All the television that I watch is on my TV or on someone else's TV. All the shows I logged were viewed on my television. I have never watched TV on the internet unless it was in class for an assignment (mainly because I do not have a computer). I watched most all of the programs by myself at home. My roommate watched one show with me and then left the house. We all have different schedules and are rarely all at home at the same time.

I did not mind recording my TV viewing. I noticed that i do change channels often, but I controlled that for the sake of this assignment and found that it is much more enjoyable to watch TV when I am not consistently flipping through the channels. I was more in tune with the one program that I was watching rather than trying to pay attention to 2 or 3 different shows. I also realized that I do not watch quite as much TV as I thought I did, which is good because I was worried that I was spending too much time on my couch.
I believe these journals are reliable for keeping track of what people watch. As long as they are accurate about what the logging, then it seems to be a reasonable. It tells exactly what that person watched and exactly when they watched.

No comments: