Monday, November 10, 2008

Courtney Cooper's TV blog

Courtney Cooper

1. This was not a typical day in terms of my weekly viewing habits. I normally do not watch television and when I do, it is maybe 2 days a week for thirty minutes to an hour. However, the shows recorded on the sheet are the shows I watch when I do tune in. I watched Family Guy, George Lopez, and Whose Line is it Anyway? However, I missed Home Improvement and Family Matters because I had other homework to do. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but since I watched many of the other shows I enjoy, I felt the need to view all of them. I actually don't know how to use recording devices for my television since I don't watch it very much.

2. All of the TV I watched was by myself at my house on live, not recorded, television.

3. Instead of writing down TV as I watched it, I planned what shows I would watch and for how long. Having to write down what programs I watched in a chart prompted me to pre-plan and organize my viewing. This advance planning allowed me to watch all the programs I enjoy instead of just tuning in to one and going to do something else. Because of this effect on my viewing, I tend to believe that the reliability of journals like this is not great.

No comments: